It Stayed Brigade
Findlay Hats are designed for good times. Combine that with the creative spirit of today’s explorers and we can produce some pretty incredible results. What a better way to test these hats, create some cool photos/videos, and have a great time while doing it than with a little friendly competition and big prizes.
Introducing the It Stayed Brigade, a series of tests & challenges designed for the Findlay Force.
Each task is assigned a point value and the harder the challenge is, the more points you will receive for successfully completing it. This will be a 2-month long campaign, with prizes & awards at the end.
Version Three: June 5 - August 31 2016
For a challenge to receive points and be deemed as “successfully completed” it must follow theses simple rules.
1) Sign the waiver at the bottom of this page. No submissions will count until that is done.
2) Your Instagram profile MUST be open to the public for the judges to view and must be your personal account.
3) Upload your photos to instagram and tag @findlayhats, #itstayedbrigade #findlayhats. Remember - please share quality content!
4) Teams may consist of no more than 2 members maximum. Posts can be shared from either account to count towards team points. One challenge per team maximum.
5) You MUST be wearing a Findlay hat in every photo and/or video submitted. If you are doing a challenge where you could lose your hat, make sure you have your laces down and tied properly for water sports. Check out https://www.findlayhats.com/pages/how-to for more info.
6) Each challenge can only be completed once per contestant or team
7) Do not put yourself or others in danger. Do not do anything illegal. We are not liable for your actions.
8) All entries must be submitted by midnight Pacific Time on August 31st. Each entry will be reviewed by a panel of judges from Findlay Hats and gone through with a fine-toothed comb.
9) Photo must be taken between June 5 & August 31. No entries from before 2016 will count.
The points will be tallied up and the standings updated via the Findlay Hats Instagram and on this page every 2 weeks. If you follow the above rules, you will be given a score on the post within 30 days of the post. Scoring is done at random times based on when we have time to do so. Thank you
Beginner (1 to 3 Points)
Trampoline backflip - 1 Point
Top of a ferris wheel - 1 Point
- Roller coaster- 1 Point
- Upside down on a roller coaster- 2 Points
- Snowball to the face - 1 Point
- Top of a mountain - 3 Points
- Top of a waterfall - 1 Point
- At a beautiful campsite - 1 Point
- Pie to the face - 1 Point
- Cliff Jump (into safe water) - 1 Point
- Tall cliff Jump (into safe water) - 3 Points
- Bridge jump (into safe water) - 2 Point
- Tall bridge Jump (into safe water)- 3 Points
- Double backflip off anything into water- 2 Points
- Fat Method on a snowboard - 2 Points
- Method on skateboard - 2 Points
- Bird on your head - 1 Point
- Zip lining - 2 Points
- Riding a horse - 1 Point
- Riding a human, like a horse - must be racing another duo- 1 Point
- Hat on a dog - 1 Point
- Hat on a dog that is doing a trick - 2 Points
- Sticking your head out of a sun roof - 1 Point
- Sticking your head out of an exotic cars sunroof - 2 Points
- Next to a Rolls Royce Phantom - 3 Points
- On a mechanical bull - 2 Points
- On the podium of an event you placed in - 3 Points
- Grandpa/Grandma wearing a Findlay hat with the laces down - 3 Points
- While waterskiing, wake boarding, or wake surfing - 1 Point
- Jumping the wake while doing any of the above - 1 Point
- At a scenic viewPoint with your city in the background - 1 Point
- Shooting a bow - 1 Point
- SUPing(stand up paddle boarding) - 1 Point
- Hot air balloon - 2 Points
- Parachute or similar - 3 Points
- Rock climbing - 1 Point
- Expert rock climbing - 3 Points
- Urban exploring - 1 Point
- Top of a tall building - 1 Point
- Top of a tall building with strong wind - 2 Points
- Under water - 1 Point
- Scuba diving - 4 Points
- Silly string to the face - full can - 2 Points
- Kite boarding - 1 Point
- 20+ feet in the sky while kiting - 3 Points
- While in a tree - 1 Points
- Bungie jumping - 3 Points
- On a train - 1 Point
- Loop on monkey bars - 2 Points
- Kayaking rapids - 3 Points
- Pond skimming - 4 Points
- Superman seat grab on anything cool - 2 Points
- On stage at a decent sized concert - 2 Point
- Stage diving - 4 Points
- With a monkey - 2 Points
- Fish slap to the face - 2 Points
- Slack lining - 1 Points
- Slack lining in the forest - 2 Points
- Slack lining across something - 3 Points
- Breakdancing - 1 Point
- In a helicopter - 3 Points
- On a unicycle - 1 Point
- Flatland BMX - 2 Points
- While running a 5k or longer race - 2 Points
- Confetti to the face - 1 Point
- Waterslide 1 Point
- Radical waterslide - 3 Points
- Balancing something difficult on your head- 1 Point
- Riding an elephant - 3 Points
- Ollying or tricking down a 5+ stair - 3 Points
- Water gun to the face - 1 Point
- Sandboarding - 2 Points
- Downhill luge/downhill carts (on a track) - 2 Points
- Handstand on a skateboard - 2 Points
- Jumping over a cactus - 2 Points
- Rafting with friends - 2 Points
- On the bow of a boat - 1 Point
- On the bow of a large ship - 2 Points
- On the bow of a large ship or boat with a high wind - 3 Points
- Shooting a firearm - 2 Points
- Shooting a firearm and hitting a stationary target - 3 Points
- Shooting a firearm and hitting a moving target - 4 Points
- Outside a store that carries Findlay - 1 point
- At Burning Man - 3 points
- On an exotic animal - 1 point
- Next a very long, straight road - 1 point
- Middle of the desert - 1 point
- In a forest - 1 point
- In a bee suit, surrounded by bees (hat on the outside of suit) 3 points
- With a college mascot - 1 point
- With the Yik Yak App Tour Bus - 1 point
- On the Yik Yak mechanical yak - 4 points
- Next to the "Welcome to [state name] State" sign - 1 point per state
- At the Space Needle in Seattle WA - 1 Point
- On a "tall Bike" - 1 point
- With a group of puppies - 1 point
- With an Olympic Athlete - 1 point & 3 points for gold medalist
- Make the Findlay Logo...with findlay hats 2 points
- While holding a hunting falcon - 2 points
- Photo with the Findlay Limo
- At a Findlay Hats Event Booth
INTERMEDIATE (5-7 POINTS)
- On the head of someone famous - 5 Points
- Riding a real dolphin - 5 Points
- While volunteering at a food bank/shelter - 5 Points
- On the podium of an event you won - 5 Points
- Photo of you on the Jumbotron at a major event - 5 Points
- While running a Spartan (or similar) race - 6 Points
- With a monkey wearing the hat - 7 Points
- Scuba diving with cool fish nearby - 5 Points
- On the head of a uniformed law enforcement officer - 7 Points
- On the head of a uniformed fire fighter - 7 Points
- On head of a uniformed active duty military service member - 7 Points
- At one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the world - 5 points
- On top of one of the top 10 tallest buildings in the world - 5 points
- Get a Findlay triangle tattoo. 2 inches or bigger & done professionally. 20 Points and $100 in store credit every year for the life of the company
- Skydiving(beanie works for this) - 15 Points
- Findlay Logo written by a plane in the sky - 10 points
- Make the Findlay Logo outline with a group of at least 30 people - 10 points
FREESTYLE: (1-20 POINTS)
Think you have a good idea for a challenge to add to the list? Comment below, or just go out there and do & share it. Be sure to finish the post with "points?" the judges will see this, and post the point value if any.
We will be hosting It Stayed Brigade events across the US. Come by and hang out with the Findlay Force & win bonus points (& gear!). We will make announcements with the details, and there will be prizes given out regardless of size of audience that comes.
Please note - this video is for the last contest, a new video will be released shortly
Update: any team with over 40 points will win 2 free It Stayed Brigade Limited Edition Hats! Free hats limited to the first 20 teams!
- Portland Adventure with the Findlay Force! Not from the PNW? We will fly** you out here! From the NW? Bring up to 8 of your friends to Portland for a day you will never forget! Adventure may consist of, but not limited to:
- Private Chinese pirate ship sailing adventure
- Lunch at the most delicious Portland restaurants
- Voodoo Donuts
- Tall Bike riding
- Nature or urban exploration
- Swim in the mighty Columbia River
- Tour of the Findlay HQ & demo on how to make hats
ALL OF THAT, PLUS:
- 12 custom designed Findlay Hats designed by you for you & your pals
- Co-design & name a new Findlay Hat for the "It Stayed Brigade" Year 2 hat.
- $300 in Store Credit
- One year of Findlay Hat Of the Month Membership ($300 value)
- Photo on our wall of fame
- $300 in Findlay Store Credit
- 4 custom designed Findlay hats designed by you!
- Six Month of Findlay Hat Of the Month Membership
- $150 in Findlay Store Credit
- One 1 of 1 unreleased Findlay Hat
- Three Months of Findlay Hat of the Month Membership
- 4 Findlay Hats of your choice
- 2 Findlay Hats & a letter of encouragement for motivation.
Everyone who enters will receive a voucher for 50% off the official It Stayed Brigade shirt & hat once the competition is over.
$100 Store credit for our favorite It Stayed Brigade post.
$100 Store credit for the It Stayed Brigade photo that receives the most likes on our page
Rules & regulations & other fun stuff
Some of the above challenges may be considered dangerous or contain a hazard to ones health. Findlay Hats does not condone or suggest any dangerous actions or activities. Do not attempt any of the above if they are outside of your skill level or you are not a trained professional. Do not break any laws or you may be We encourage the use of a helmet with many of these stunts and points will count if you are wearing a hat under the helmet. We are not responsible for any injuries or damage caused while attempting to do any of the above stated challenges. By participating and using the hashtag #itstayedbrigade you acknowledge the above and agree to it.
Entries that have not submitted a waiver, posted at the bottom of this page - will be disqualified from the event.
If you are competing as a team, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of your team members and your Instagram names.
Photos used in this contest may be used by Findlay Hats for social media however copyright owner will be notified prior to any other use of your photographs.
If your hat is damaged during the tests email email@example.com to discuss the warranty options.
We reserve the right to alter or change the prizes & entries at any time. No cash value may be exchanged for prizes. Entry void where prohibited.
** Flight for grand prize winner(s) will cover up to $500 in airfare, purchased by Findlay Hats. If transportation to Portland is higher than that, winner may be responsible for the difference in airfare.
We're not jerks, just trying to have some fun with this. Thanks for checking it out.